Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Staying Off Tilt

I must admit I came close to going on tilt for the first time, when I had a succession of bad beats over a few days; luckily I managed to keep my focus again to keep the journey alive and thriving.

I have been trying to work out how many tables at one time is best for me to play at and the most profitable, I started out playing 4 tables at the 1c-2c level and found that comfortable enough, Then I cut down to 3 tables as I started to get distracted because I play on turbo tables, Last night though I managed to drop down to $230 in the bank roll before playing only one table to bring it back up to about $270. I found my focus was really sharp on one table only.

I was sitting at the table with about $40 which is 4 times the buy in ($10), there was one real calling station at the table that was calling value bet after value bet and I didn’t want to leave until he left.

I haven’t really been in tune to the tourneys for a while so I’m thinking of sticking to cash games until the $300 mark and then make plans to attack the tournament side of things properly. I didn’t manage to qualify for any Sunday tourneys as I felt too tired from work and was making bad decisions.

Matt
Somethingaboutpoker.com

No comments: