Saturday, February 23, 2008

$160 and Climbing

Hey just a quick blog entry before I hit the sack. I've been carry on my steady run on PokerStars playing the micro limits and have got the account up to $160, I am definitely grateful for being determined and staying on focus and I can just smell the $200 goal around the corner!

Its great playing with goals, it keeps me on track and the rewards are starting to show, I have been playing to make a $3.40 buy in to enter a sit N Go. I entered one but was pretty much card dead through and busted out with A-K vs. 9-9 on my final hand.

Cash game has been going well though, I made a real “Sick Call Kenny” Call with 3-3 on the button, Guy in late position raises standard raise I call hoping to hit a set or I’m folding. The guy checks the flop when the board is all ragged, he Minimum bets the turn I got curious then called as I thought he was flush drawing when two clubs showed, and then he bet 5 x the pot on the river? The play seemed so strange that I thought that I must be leading with my bottom pair? So I called and he showed Q-J off suit (No clubs).

He promptly called me a fish then left ha-ha!

Matt
Somethingaboutpoker.com

No comments: