Saturday, February 9, 2008

Grinding It Out…

Finally I have myself sorted out mentally and have approached the game with more discipline and in control of my bank roll and my emotions. I have stuck with my poker challenge guidelines of only playing at the 1c -2c table, and the last couple of days have been better.

The poker account is looking healthier than it was when it was on $39, but let’s not dwell on that, it is now on $97.28. I have been playing nothing but solid tight aggressive poker, I have minimized my bluffs and have attempted bluffs only when I have a good read on my opponents, I still have not downloaded any software to read percentages and have just done it all on feel.

It’s great playing poker when you are not scared money, the max buy in that I play is $5 and I usually play 3 tables at a time. I find it a lot easier to go all in on these tables as opposed to trying it at the $25 buy in tables.

You still get a lot of funny characters on the micro limits, the desperados with no money left, the young punk kids who keep telling everyone how bad they play, the poker geek who tells everyone what their odds were of hitting such and such a draw and also the ever present fishing calling station %#@$! Players that keeping chasing me down (Great When you have a hand), I do notice that a lot of people over value hands like A-Q and A-K at these levels and also play them incorrectly by calling my all ins (when they haven’t hit a flop) with them instead of pushing all in. Well if it wasn’t for these players I wouldn’t have got the bank roll back up, so I am very grateful that there are players around worst than me!

I just want to focus on improving my game so that when I have the bank roll up I have enough skills to match it with the higher limit players, I want to crack the code in each level I go up in.

All the best!

Matt
Somethingaboutpoker.com

No comments: