Thursday, February 14, 2008

Raise, Raise And Raise Again

Back to the blog again, I was suppose to write about how I went on the PokerStars Sunday 100k Tourney, for some reason PokerStars crashed with an overload and the tourney was cancelled. At least I got a refund in tournament dollars that I can use.

I have only played a couple of short sessions this week and have managed to kick and drag the account up to $108, I have been keeping the discipline of my strategy and it has been working out. The way I have been playing at the low limits is very aggressive when I first buy in, meaning that I raise, raise and then raise again usually 6 times the blind of 12c. What this does is creates a very loose image of me and also loosens up the table, and then when the short stacks start pushing all in I make sure I have a premium hand to call.

A lot of players at the micro limits are either very tight players because they have used all their money up and can only play at that limit, or very loose players and don’t care about a $2 or $5 buy in, you learn which type they are within a short time and can adjust your strategy appropriately.

I also entered 3 sit n go tourneys, bummed out in 2 and then came 2nd out of 18 in a $1.75 tourney winning $8.10 and the best part was that I only used my tournament dollars, I think I will get my points up again and try to win another ticket to the $100k tourney but, deregister from it so I can use the tourney dollars.

I was looking on You Tube yesterday and came across this funny clip on a online poker player “Bill Fillmaff”. You may have heard of him…Absolutely hilarious stuff he does with his wins and bad beats he gets.

Check it out below

Matt
Somethingaboutpoker.com


No comments: